ECP 4.0.4 update hangs

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP 4.0.4 update hangs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sledmass
    Participant

The ECP 4.0.4 update hangs in admin, it simply won’t install. The update icon spins and spins. Refreshing the page kills the site but it’s the only way to stop the process. Had to restore from backup in order to get up and running again. Repeated the process twice without success.

Updated to EC 4.0.5 without issue.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the issues you’ve experienced so far in attempting to update. It could’ve been a temporary issue with the connection since we did run some updates on our site today (which powers the update process). Would you mind trying the update again to see if the issue persists?

If so, you can update the download directly from the “My Downloads” section here and upload directly to your site.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

sledmass
    Participant

Josh,

Thanks for the quick response. After experimenting with the suggested download and a few other options (without luck) I found a fix. It had to do with the order in which the EC plugin updates were made.

If I updated EC 4.0.5 first, no other plugin could be updated or installed after that point. This included EC plugins or those from other developers.** Subsequent plugin updates would spin forever, with the only option being a page refresh of quitting the browser. The site would go down and a restore needed. Backing up before updates is a life saver.

Out of curiosity, I updated ECP (Pro) 4.0.4 first (and Community Events 4.0.4) and then EC 4.0.5. It worked.

It seems, in this instance, EC needed to be updated last, after the Pro and Community Events updates were made, not before. In the past, I assumed that EC was the core and should be updated first.

**Because no plugin could be updated after EC, I assumed that Pro hanging and spinning was the issue, as it was next in line… when in fact no plugin could be installed or updated.

Changing the order of EC updates cured the conflict. And all plugin updates could be made thereafter

This process was repeatable. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,
    Dan

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dan,

Thanks for following up here.

This is definitely some strange behavior. I’ll do some additional test around this to make sure any issues on this front get logged and addressed.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP 4.0.4 update hangs’ is closed to new replies.