ECP 3.9 recurring events not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP 3.9 recurring events not working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Hello,

After a recent update from 3.8.1 to 3.9.1 the events admin area is not creating recurring events. Example; create weekly event starting Feb 17 ending Mar 24. Result is a single event with today’s date. This bad event appears in the admin event list but not in the widget or month view. phpMyAdmin shows post_status as publish. On a clean WP and ECP install, recurring events work properly.

I understand your goal to constantly improve the product but its seems that every time there is a major release our ECP site breaks in some way. I’m curious whether your test configurations take into account various WP, theme and plugin configurations? I would be glad to help you test upcoming releases on our site.

Anyway, to identify our issue, I will back out plugins and custom functions. I also plan to export all events form our live site to a test ECP site. Can you recommend a reliable method for doing this?

Thanks for your help.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

We test on WordPress Templates from Twenty-Twelve to the latest and I personally run everything on Genesis. As for plugins we test with some, but with some many out there, there is only so much we can test against.

We are looking to add a beta program to get more feedback from our users to help make the plugin better and have less conflicts on each release.

As for a test site I would recommended using a backup plugin like BackWPUP and using that to clone your site exactly and not export and import events as they does not always replicate the issue.

For the issue you are having are you using this setting in the Recurring Event Series: “Hide From Event Listings”

It has caused some issues in 3.9.1 and we have them fixed in 3.10, which we hope to release sometime in the next month, but do not have a firm timeline to give yet.

Let me know about your troubleshooting and we can help out to resolve this.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP 3.9 recurring events not working’ is closed to new replies.