EB plugin hiding ticket price field

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets EB plugin hiding ticket price field

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dswiese
    Participant

I only import EB events occasionally, so hadnt noticed this till now, but with the EB plugin active, it hids the ticket price field when creating a regular event.

Before and After screenshots attached.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Sean and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Actually, this is done on purpose.
    The reasoning behind it is that Cost is a field contained in the EventBrite ticket.

For that reason, the built-in event cost is removed to avoid duplication.

That being said, it is still possible to force the built-in event cost should you want to.

Let me know if you would like to do just that.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

dswiese
    Participant

I could see it hiding the built in cost field if it was an event synced with EB, but this was creating a plain new event on my site with no connection to EB, other than the plugin was active.

If its a code snippet that others may find useful, please do post 🙂

My site is more an event aggregator, so I don’t always need to sync data from EB, and will just turn on the plugin as needed to do an initial sync. (Assuming I won’t loose any info in that event with the plugin turned off?)

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by dswiese.
    Geoff B.

Good afternoon Sean,

Thank you for writing back.
    I do see your point.

The way this is set up currently is that as soon as there is a ticket related plugin (EventBrite Tickets, Event Tickets or Event Tickets Plus) that is activated, the cost field is hidden from the Event.

You can override that behaviour with the following snippet (which will force the cost field to reappear AND be used): https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/69f8a033fb614c78b3de45a197431135

As for your question, normally you should not loose anything by deactivating the plugin (but I always recommend a database backup before trying out things).

That being said, with the above snippet, you actually don’t need to turn it off at all.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘EB plugin hiding ticket price field’ is closed to new replies.