Earlybird and group discounts

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Earlybird and group discounts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Ritar
    Participant

We currently offer earlybird and group discounts to our customers via Event Calendar Pro, Eventbrite Tickets + Eventbrite / Paypal. See http://www.milkwood.net/courses

In eventbrite we do this by having 3 ticket types.

• Early bird ticket – 10% off – on sale until 6 weeks prior to the event
    • Group ticket – 15% off – on sale for the whole time – minimum 2 tickets
    • Full price – goes on sale 6 weeks prior to the event

This is possible because eventbrite allows us to set an overall maximum number of tickets for an event, so regardless of what ticket is sold it reduces the remaining available number of tickets by the correct amount.

We have been attempting to move over to using Event Calendar Pro, Event Tickets Plus, Woocommerce + Braintree.

I know this is not currently possible in Event Tickets Plus or Wootickets. (It was suggested over at the uservoice forum back in April, 2013… and your developers have been “working on it” for 7 months now.)

Other than using discount coupons can you suggest another way to automatically apply a Group or Earlybird discount?

I don’t mind paying our developers to customise but I want them to approach it from the direction your team thinks best.

Thank you.

Nick

George
    Participant

Hey Nick,

The specific Uservoice post you linked to is for “Global Stock” – a different feature than what you’ve described here, as far as I can tell.

What you seem to be describing here is simply the ability to offer these different “tiers” of tickets, which should totally be doable within Event Tickets Plus. For example, see this screenshot of creating a “ticket”. You could easily create a “regular” ticket as you’ve described it; and then could create another, cheaper ticket that goes on sale sooner (your “Early Bird” discount).

The “group discount” is unfortunately not possible at this time without code customization 🙁 And if you need that “Global Stock” feature for this, that is still not available.

There are good reasons for why that’s no available yet – I understand your frustration with us taking relatively long to implement that feature. But I can assure you it is because it’s actually a surprisingly complex thing to pull off, and we’ve been focused on the other major recent releases (the 3.9.x – 3.12.x releases, the major 4.0 releases, and four new plugins: Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, Community Tickets, and Advanced Post Manager).

Just providing some backstory as to the delays on implementing ‘global stock’. I hope the rest of the information I’ve provided here is clear and helps you move forward with your project – let me know what you think!

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Earlybird and group discounts’ is closed to new replies.