Dynamic (Variable) Ticket Pricing

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Dynamic (Variable) Ticket Pricing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Josh Fialkoff
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to set up a system which would automatically set the price of tickets for events based on a number of factors set up by WordPress administrators, etc., such as:

Time until the event
    Number of seats remaining
    Number of pageviews
    etc

Is this possible? If so, how?

Barry

Hi Josh!

We could probably help out with specific parts of this, like pointing you in the right direction to figure out the time until the event – but other items such as the number of seats remaining are really the domain of WooCommerce (stock control) and you should really seek advice from their technical support team for help with that and indeed for dynamically adjusting the price itself.

Factoring in the number of page views is, again, a method you’d need to figure out by yourself and in concert with whatever tool you are using to measure that – whether that’s a third party service, another plugin or custom code.

Josh Fialkoff
    Participant

Thanks Barry!
    So, we can query the event time, as well as the WooCommerce data, from WP tables?
    Thanks also for suggesting using inventory management to determine prices.
    I searched for documentation, but all I see is this:
    http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/user-guide/inventory-tab/
    I truly appreciate any recommendations you have on how to proceed.
    Thanks,
    Josh

Barry

Yes, you should be able to pull all of this from the database and even do so using the APIs provided by each plugin (such as tribe_get_start_date() in the case of The Events Calendar) rather than querying directly.

Thanks also for suggesting using inventory management to determine prices. I searched for documentation, but all I see is this: http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/user-guide/inventory-tab/

So that document is for users who want to set up stock control for a specific product.

In your case I’d imagine you want to look at the stock levels programmatically. Since you are asking about someone else’s product however (WooCommerce) I’d ask that you use their support channels for help with this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Dynamic (Variable) Ticket Pricing’ is closed to new replies.