dynamic values

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus dynamic values

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by iain.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    iain
    Participant

ok so I am trying to insert the name of the event into the subject line or body of emails and into my facebook tracking pixel. can you tell me what the name of this field is so I can insert it here. For example I’ve inserted {order_subtotal} which gives me the order amount for each sale that occurs as a result of my ads but because we have so many events I cannot decipher which event is creating the sale. I thought it’d be something like {event_name} any guidance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, iain.

Could you please specify where (e.g. which file) you’re trying to implement this?

Also, if you have a code snippet to include for review, that might help too.

iain
    Participant

I’m not putting it in a file it just shows up as an image of the thank you page and calls the variable order subtotal and i’d like it to call the name of the event created and stored by events calendar but I don’t know what you call that field in the database. I would replace the name of the event in the {eventname} below.

here is the pixel info that i have now:
    <!– Facebook Pixel Code –>

<script>
    fbq(‘track’, ‘Purchase’, {
    value: {order_total},
    currency: ‘USD’
    });
    </script>

<!– Facebook Pixel Code –><noscript></noscript><!– DO NOT MODIFY –> <!– End Facebook Pixel Code –>
    <script>fbq(‘track’, ‘{eventname}’);</script>

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by iain.
    Cliff

Thanks for those details.

The only place I recognize the curly brace format is from the tribe_event_inline shortcode. Is this what you’re using on one of your pages?

You also said you’re not putting your Facebook Pixel Code in a file, but then how/where are you implementing that code?

If you share an annotated screenshot or video screen capture, it might help communicate what you’re seeing and what exactly the issue is.

iain
    Participant

I am placing the pixel on the thankyou page of the order checkout – I don’t need the entire event info just the title.

I am hoping that {title} will fill in this info.

Screenshot of how I place the pixel attached.

Thanks for working on this with me.

Cliff

I don’t see a screenshot attached. Could you please try sharing it again?

Also, please confirm if you are trying to use this in the context of the tribe_event_inline shortcode. If you are not, those curly braces wouldn’t work.

iain
    Participant

I am not using it with that code. the page already displays the event name – I just don’t know what the variable is that calls the event name onto the page. – I just need to pass that info into the pixel.

I could also place the same code on the woocommerce checkout page.

Cliff

Thanks for that screenshot.

Those curly brace merge fields are from WooCommerce or whatever third-party add-on you’re using (I’m guessing https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-conversion-tracking/) that makes that “Integration” tab appear.

I’d suggest asking that third-party add-on’s developer and see if they have any ideas or ability to custom code something for you.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

iain
    Participant

can you atleast tell me the name of the field that the title of events are stored in on the database? This is something that the ticketing system writes to the db and I need to know where it is stored. That is all – yet somehow this has become significantly more complicated.

Cliff

Events are just a custom post type, so it would be available here in the database: https://cl.ly/1d1l2b33371p

Our templates use default WordPress functions like the_title() or get_the_title().

Examples:

Please let me know if there’s more I can help with here.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘dynamic values’ is closed to new replies.