Duplicating Events with tickets and date ranges.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicating Events with tickets and date ranges.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    db3d
    Participant

I have a bit of an issue and I’m not sure if this is possible….
    I want to be able to duplicate an event with it’s tickets to use for a future event. For example, I offer a training event every 10 weeks in Philly. I can’t use reoccurring events because sometimes the dates shift a week or two.

Also, I am offering an online course that spans over 4 weeks but are only 3 hour sessions. Should I create 1 event for the full offering and then 4 separate events for each time slot?

Barry

Hi, great questions!

Duplicating events is not something that is supported out of the box (but please do consider posting requests for any features you would like to see in the future) however you may be able to leverage another plugin for this – I believe there may be a few out there that can assist with post duplication and that also work with custom post types, such as events.

Also, I am offering an online course that spans over 4 weeks but are only 3 hour sessions. Should I create 1 event for the full offering and then 4 separate events for each time slot?

You certainly could do, or perhaps you could have two tickets per session (one acting as a session pass, the other entry to all sessions). Right now though recurring events are not supported and nor is a concept of pooled inventory – so if limiting the total number of attendees is a concern you may be hitting up against limitations of the plugin.

Does that help, or at least explain the current situation a little more?

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this one – but if we can assist with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicating Events with tickets and date ranges.’ is closed to new replies.