Duplicating Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Duplicating Community Events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    anywherefest
    Participant

After a community member has submitted an event they are offered the option of “submitting another event”…is it possible to add a second option titled “duplicate/clone event” that copies the data from the submitted event – so they don’t have to re-input everything, just set a new date/time and ticket type?

This would act as a fix for the recurring events function that doesn’t work properly with ticketing at present.

I have added my vote to add this feature but so far, it hasn’t received that many votes so I’m expecting it won’t be an added feature any time soon…

Lou
    Participant

Interesting timing because I was just about to add the same comment / request. Commenting now so I’ll see responses to this.

Cliff

Hi, Alex and Lou.

Alex, you said you added your vote. Are you referring to this existing feature request: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3874714-duplicate-events?

If yes, that’s specific to wp-admin and not Community Events, although I do see the similarities.

Could you please outline exactly what features/functionality you’d like to see as part of this, either as a wp-admin cloner, a Community Events cloner, or both?

FYI: if implemented at all, this would likely be a good candidate for an extension, but it wouldn’t be available within the next 1-2 months even at the earliest.

Please do share all your feature ideas here or in the UserVoice thread.

Thank you.

anywherefest
    Participant

Hi Cliff

I am already able to clone an event in wp-admin so I’m unsure why the feature needs to be added in the back end…I would LOVE the ability to clone an inputted event in community events so that the title text, event text, categories etc.are copied but the user needs to input a new date/time and new ticket types. Essentially what is available already in the wp-admin when I want to copy. I just don’t want the user to access the wp-admin at all during the process.

There’s a button already there for “submit new event”, all I want to add is “clone/duplicate” – which would also be available in the list for existing events too (so it would say: edit | delete (if that is turned on) | Clone/duplicate (I would assume it uses exactly the same code as the link added to the submitted event screen as it would rely on the event id to clone it….

Happy to provide more info if required as I would LOVE this feature to be added sooner rather than later and happy for it to be an extension!

Lou
    Participant

Yes, everything Alex said.

While I’m not sure there is an out of the box ‘duplicate’ on the backend — I think I’m using Event Rocket plugin for that feature — I’d like to see one which copies everything for the Community Events for the person with subscriber role, i.e., not from wp-admin, as well.

Note I’m using Community Events, not Community Tickets, but from context I think there’s some common code base.

Cliff

Thanks to both of you for the details.

FYI: Event Rocket is no longer maintained/supported and therefore we recommend not using it… but it’s your choice of course.

I’ve heard of many using the Duplicate TEC Event plugin (not for Community Events), but I’ve also heard reports since the past few months that it doesn’t work quite right (I haven’t confirmed at any point in time).

I’ve logged this request (and the UserVoice one) in our internal Extensions project. This doesn’t guarantee it’ll be completed, but this thread and the UserVoice one will be updated if/when this Extension gets released.

Thanks for your understanding.

If you’re interested in hiring someone for custom coding, feel free to reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicating Community Events’ is closed to new replies.