Duplicates

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicates

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Jacobson
    Participant

I’m pulling from Google Calendars and seeing several duplicate events. Can you please help?

https://fbceugene.com/events/

Courtney

Hi Jacob

Can you share the link to the Google Calendar that you are importing from?

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Jacob Jacobson
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Here’s an example: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1?cid=ZmJjZXVnZW5lLmNvbV9sbjJ2Y2p2bDM2cGhrc2J1aGcxN2xuMTBwa0Bncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t

This calendar is on the events page and you can use filter bar, or see only the events on that calendar here: https://fbceugene.com/college/

Thank you so much!

Jacob Jacobson
    Participant

Heres what I’ve found from experimenting with it.

When I create a normal recurring event in Google, if I delete it in Google, it will stay up on the website.

But even if I make a single event on Google, and set it to be recurring manually on the website, if I delete it on Google it will stay up on the website.

Courtney

Hi Jacob

Unfortunately, events deleted on Google Calendar will not automatically delete on your site. This is part of the constraints of the iCal format. Were all the duplicate issues related to deleting events in Google?

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Jacob Jacobson
    Participant

Hi Courtney, thanks for responding to me

Wow, that is so surprising it wont’ delete from the site when it’s deleted in Google Calendar. I would have thought that was part of it. What do you recommend, do you have to delete in Google Calendar and then delete again in the site??

That would explain some of the duplicates, but not all.

I’m also finding that when I update fields in WordPress, and then it syncs I’m losing my updates.
    For fields:
    – If I choose overwrite my event, it will always overwrite and delete the registration url added in WordPress, but it will update important information such as room number and description.

• If I choose Import events but preserve local changes, I can’t get it to update important information such as location from Google Calendar, but it will keep my registration link.

It seems like a lot of the duplicates are coming from edits on Google Calendar not coming through properly

Courtney

Hi Jacob

Is there a chance that you are deleting events from Google that were already imported and then creating the same event, instead of updating the event information. That could look like a duplicate, but in reality, they are two different events.

Can you try sending me your Google Calendar link again? It needsto be one that ends in .ics specifically or me to test importing, and publicly viewable.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicates’ is closed to new replies.