Duplicate Weekly Views, etc. – Again

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicate Weekly Views, etc. – Again

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dmg4683
    Participant

Well, I’m trying this again since you decided to close my thread without actually helping me. I simply need to know how to essentially duplicate mysite.com/events to mysite.com/events2 that uses all of the same calendar info on both, but can offer different views. I have no issue changing views, etc, but need to know if I can duplicate the entire calendar at a different location on the same site. Please help and don’t close this thread this time. Thank you.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I looked through your posts and apologize if we did not meet your expectations for helping you with your question.

I will try to answer it here and provide you with as much help as we can through the forum and our terms of service.

My answer on the other post was in reference to Category Views.

So if I have two Event Categories called Concert and Conventions I have these pages setup with all the views on them (list, month, map, etc).

http://yoursite.com/events/category/concert/week/

http://yoursite.com/events/category/conventions/

That is by far the easiest way to make additional calendars without coding.

Is that what you are looking for?

dmg4683
    Participant

Thank you for replying Brian, I appreciate you helping me with this. I see the category pages, which I think I can do what I want with, provided I can alter their views without altering the same views while looking at all events. Does that make sense?

Essentially, I want to have three different week views, one has one specific category with a bunch of information from each event on it at one glance. Another week would have the same category, but a very limited amount of info about each event. The third would be the normal week view that comes with the Pro plugin. I understand how to alter each view to look like what I want them to, but I don’t know how to make these three views as possibilities for users to see.

I’d really like to make the first two custom week views I mentioned be separate pages, so that I can then hide from non-admin users. The point of this is that this is a calendar of events for musicians that the manager sees all events and custom weekly views they want, while the musicians only see the standard views you provide with the plugin, albeit with some permission settings from Press Permit Core.

I hope that all makes sense, as I’ve tried to be as clear as possible about it. The end goal is to have two additional weekly views, but that are pages, so that they can be blocked/visible to certain users.

Thank you!

dmg4683
    Participant

It doesn’t appear that you offer shortcodes, if you do, please correct me. So, is there a way to embed the calendar on a page that isn’t the default mysite.com/events?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is correct we do not have shortcodes as part of our plugin.

There is an unofficial plugin called Event Rocket:

Event Rocket

This does have some shortcodes in it, that enables you to embed the widgets into your content. It does not have a week view widget.

So, is there a way to embed the calendar on a page that isn’t the default mysite.com/events?

Not without coding a customization yourself, there is no out of the box method to do this and from what you describe in your message it is a significant amount of customization in each view that is not possible without coding it.

A plugin such as Members can help with restricting content, but that is beyond the features of our plugin as well beyond the level of support we can provide.

Support
    As we try to make clear in our forum guidelines (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/) and the terms of service (https://theeventscalendar.com/terms/), customizations are generally outside the scope of what we can support. For the most part, with customizations like this, the most we can do is point users towards a resource like the themer’s guide that will help get them where they need to be.

All that to say: we’re totally happy to continue helping you out as best we can, but I did want to make sure we were on the same page regarding our support system. I also want you to know that if at any point you find our support infrastructure or feature set isn’t to your liking, we’re definitely willing to give a 100% refund so you can find a solution that better meets your needs. While it’d suck to lose your business, I want to make sure we do right by you — even if that’s directing you towards a competitor.

dmg4683
    Participant

I have no problem doing all of the customization, I just need to know how to get the calendar onto a page. I don’t understand why this is such a difficult thing to tell users how to do. Is it simply copy and paste all of the code from the normal setup to another page, do I just insert the loop into a page like it is now? I just feel this isn’t a custom answer, just an answer on how to use your product. Please help. I see you offer coding advice and such to other users, I just need to know how to get this onto another page.

Brian
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, it is not as easy as just saying run this code and it works. I would love to be able to give you a function and say run this and you are good to go, but we do not have that so that is why this is a customization as you have to rebuild the calendar with custom coding to have a 2nd one on your site.

All the views are tied together into the one event page and there is no way to just insert the coding into another page.

So the best I can do is let you know where to start.

All the week view templates are in this directory:

/events-calendar-pro/views/pro/week/

You can use those functions, but the customization is getting the events data pulled into that view correctly on another page. That is more then we can help with on the forum.

We’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about our documentation, the themer’s guide, or other specific questions about how the plugin works.

I’m so sorry that we can’t help beyond that, but please let us know if you have further questions or if we can help in another way.

dmg4683
    Participant

How can I link to a page that is set to a certain view? Example, make a link in my navigation menu that goes right to the normal week view, one for my new week view, and then one for my second week view. I want to disable the event selection menu so that normal users can’t switch between them, so this will help. Please help. Thank you.

Brian
    Keymaster

Sure I can help with that.

The default view looks like this:

http://yoursite.com/events/

That will show the view you have chosen as the default.

Default Week View
    The week view looks like this:

http://yoursite.com/events/week/

Default Month View
    The month view looks like this:

http://yoursite.com/events/month/

Does that answer your question? If not do you have a site you are working on that you could share a link and I could take a look to be more specific. If you add new views it will depend on what you name it for the url.

Let me know if you would like more information and I can help out.

Thanks

dmg4683
    Participant

Thanks Brian. So, I was able to install the Agenda plugin and get that working. I then duplicated the Agenda plugin to another one so that I could start making another weekly view. I got it to activate and then show what looks like the weekly layout, but nothing populates into it. I’ve tried changing the template-tag and template-class files, but it turns white when I use the template-class file that matches the week one. It’s good once I remove that again though. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there any way I could hire you to add two week views for me? I could always customize them per my customer’s needs, but this is killing me! Please let me know. Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi sorry for the issues, I know customizations can get tricky.

I cannot accept offer to customize the Events Calender. We do have a list of developers we can give you if you would like to go that route. If you email us at pro(at)tri.be we can provide some names off that list.

Thanks

dmg4683
    Participant

So I emailed both that address and through the contact form on the Tri.be site on Friday afternoon and still haven’t heard back at all. Please help. I need this done right away. Thank you.

Brian
    Keymaster

Leah was able to provide you with a list of Developers. I am sorry we cannot work on customizations for you, but it the policy of the company and I afraid I cannot change that.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Weekly Views, etc. – Again’ is closed to new replies.