Duplicate Venues and Organizers

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicate Venues and Organizers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    danieldekay
    Participant

Yes, my users are not the most careful, so I have a set of duplicate venues and organizers in my database, which I could clean before with a button, but cannot anymore. https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/duplicate-venues-and-organizers-not-resolved-on-upgrade/#post-62852 doesn’t work: I don’t find the line containing “amalgamation”.
    How do I fix this?

PS: It would be nice to be able to select two items from the admin backend and “merge” them. This could help when you have duplicates that are differently named, or have typos.

Barry

Unfortunately that button won’t be visible for all users and was anyway a ‘run once and disappear’ sort of a tool intended to resolve a specific problem (long time core plugin users adding Events Calendar PRO and needing to merge many identical duplicates in their venue and organizer data), it’s not something that, by the sounds of things, would quite meet your needs here.

It would be nice to be able to select two items from the admin backend and “merge” them. This could help when you have duplicates that are differently named, or have typos.

It certainly sounds like this would meet your needs. Though not currently facilitated, please do post a feature request over on our UserVoice page:

tribe.uservoice.com

We’d also be interested to hear your thoughts on any strategy that might be used for merging (should the administrator select which fields ought to be retained? Should they have fine grained control and pick and choose fields from each different venue to merge together or just favour one venue over another?).

Thanks!

danieldekay
    Participant

Dear Barry,
    actually, I’d not let my users do that, but would have someone with higher level of administration rights do the merge… ideally you’d get a screen where you have left/right both versions and pick what you want, but I would be happy to just delete one and assign all events that use the deleted venue or organizer to the other one. Is that a quick fix you’d be able to provide?

Barry

No that wouldn’t be a quick fix, it would be fairly involved. I’d recommend posting it as a feature request along with your comments about a possible strategy for handling the individual merges 🙂

I don’t think there’s too much more we can provide here at this point – please do post a feature request though and if you have any other questions certainly feel free to create a new thread or threads as required and one of the team will be happy to help if they can.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Venues and Organizers’ is closed to new replies.