Duplicate venues and organizers in ECP 2.0.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicate venues and organizers in ECP 2.0.1

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

I’ve been using ECP for a while now and I’m wondering why I have so many duplicate venues and organizers? I haven’t entered them all manually. I just choose from the history and they get multiplied it seems.

Now I just deleted them and now I’ll see what happens..

Is it just me or is this a known bug?

Rob

Ben: were these events that you’d imported from a pre-2.0 release? If so, that was a bug with the earlier releases that carried over with data migrated to the new one. It shouldn’t be an issue with any new events created in your 2.0 build…if it has been or does, let me know and I can keep looking into this for you.

Ben
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply!
    No, the events were created on 2.x.
    We can do like this, I will watch it next time I create an event and see what happens. If I get any duplicates again we can try to find out why.

Thanks again!

Rob

Thanks Ben. Definitely let me know if it persists.

John
    Participant

Same issue also, I’m getting duplicate Venues & Organizer? maybe after updating the event post?

Rob

Hey John. Can you elaborate on your point? Does it occur every time you create an event? Please make sure that you’re running 2.0.4 for both The Events Calendar and PRO. It’d also be helpful if you could test deactivation of other plugins/the theme to see if it’s a conflict of some kind. We’ll do what we can to assist from there.

John
    Participant

Yes, everytime I create an event.. its both 2.0.4 still encountering that error

Rob

Hey John. Thanks for confirming. As nobody else running 2.0.4 has reported this it sounds like it’s a conflict specific to your install. So you have already tried deactivating all other plugins and reverting to the 2011 theme, and find the situation persists even in that environment?

If so, please send a set of admin credentials and a link to this thread to pro /a/ tri.be, so we can try to look into this for you from there. Thanks!

John
    Participant

Thanks Rob, will check it again and will let you know if I can encounter this error again

Rob

Excellent! Let us know if we can do anything else here and we’ll try our best. Thanks, John 🙂

ostii
    Participant

Hi Rob
    As you are aware, we are experiencing a similar issue on 3 separate sites, but only on Save of an event (i.e. making it a Draft). Each time an event is saved (not published), a new Venue and Organizer are created. Sometimes this may mean up to half a dozen repeated posts.
    The sites are running 2.0.8 & 2.0.6, with the latest version of WP

The issue is also mentioned here – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-venuesorganizers/

Rob

Hey Ben. We have indeed gotten some reports of this; it’s the same issue Ostii was bringing up, correct? Let me know if not. Otherwise…I should have some updated code to send Ostii’s way today.

ostii
    Participant

Hi Rob,
    Yes, same issue. Actually the other messages in this thread are from Ostii himself. I changed his account to show as me during the dev phase. You can send code to me to implement.
    – The Real Ben 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate venues and organizers in ECP 2.0.1’ is closed to new replies.