Duplicate venues and organizers

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate venues and organizers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

Hi! I know you guys are working on the bug that shows duplicate venues when events are pulled from Facebook onto my site with the Events Aggregator plugin. However, I’m seeing the same problem with duplicate organizers (as well as duplicate venues).

You can see what its doing to my site here: http://tribe12.org/event/tribe-12-fellowship-where-are-they-now-2/

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to fix this. Thanks!

–Rachel

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/organizer-venue-duplicating-with-aggregator/

Cliff

Hi, Rachel. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I visited your link and it seems it’s just one Organizer that somehow gets assigned multiple times to this event.

1) Does the “Tribe 12” Organizer (http://tribe12.org/organizer/tribe-12/) appear just once at wp-admin > Events > Organizers?

2) Could you also provide the Facebook feed URL you’re importing from and experiencing this for?

3) Finally, is this duplication happening for all events from all feeds, all events from just this feed, sporadically, or just this one event?

Rachel
    Participant

Hey Cliff! Thanks for your help with this. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, there is only 1 Tribe 12 organizer.

2. We are having this problem with events pulled from this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tribe12phl/

3. This duplication seems to be happening with all events pulled from the Tribe 12 Facebook page (linked above).

For now I manually created new events and redirects on our website so we can continue to promote our events without showing users the broken pages.

Any idea what’s happening?

Thank you again for your help!

Cliff

Thanks for the details.

Is this the only feed you have setup in Event Aggregator?

I see the event you linked to in your initial message now only has one Organizer. Did you manually delete the duplicates?

Is there another event that has duplicates?

Rachel
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

We have almost all of our events coming in through Events Aggregator, but Tribe 12 was the only organizer showing duplicates of venues and organizers. I had un-scheduled Tribe 12’s imports last week because of that malfunction. Today I reactivated Tribe 12’s scheduled imports and things seem to be working alright… although I won’t be able to test it properly until we schedule a new Tribe 12 event on Facebook, likely sometime this week.

The event I linked in my original message now redirects to a duplicate event that I created manually (as opposed to the broken one that was created with Events Aggregator). I was able to manually delete neither the organizers nor the venue duplicates on that original event, that is why I created the redirect.

That said, I never saw duplicates on any other event pulled in from Events Aggregator. And for now, I am no longer seeing issues with the Tribe 12 events pulled in from Events Aggregator. I will be back in touch if we notice more issues over the next few days.

Thank you for your help!

Cliff

Thanks for the thorough update.

I’ll leave this open for now in case there’s a new development in the next week or so.

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate venues and organizers’ is closed to new replies.