Duplicate venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate venues

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stuart
    Participant

Hi,

I’m seeing one particular venue being imported multiple times from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Emporium-Nightclub-Venue-205613662790771/

Is there a known issue such as this?

Cheers

Stuart

Hunter

Hey Stuart,

I’m not seeing any bug reports resembling what you’ve described. Does the duplicate venue occur whenever an event is imported? Or have you noticed any other sort of pattern? Can you send over a link to the page you’re importing events from which are in turn importing duplicate venues?

Thanks and have a great rest of your day. Cheers!

Stuart
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

It is only the one venue that it is happening to.

This is the page I’m importing from: https://www.facebook.com/ilovetrancemusiccom/

This is the Facebook event being imported: https://www.facebook.com/events/209734976113807/

Cheers

Stuart

Stuart
    Participant

It appears that it duplicates the venue it whenever it checks the event for syncing any changes, but I can’t be too sure at the moment as I haven’t tracked how many days it has been (I’ve recently set the import to check daily).

Hunter

Hey Stuart,

Last question before I test to see if I can reproduce the behavior myself. Please reply back with a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Imports screen, more specifically the Event Update Authority and Facebook Import Settings sections.

Have a great weekend 🙂
    Cheers!

Stuart
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

I think I have solved the problem, but you may want to look into it still because it could cause others the same problem.

It appears that I hadn’t yet published the event in question, so I believe it was duplicating the venue each time it checked it. I have since cleared up the backend with the duplicate venues and published the event – and it has stopped duplicating now… But that could be because no changes have been made to that event yet. Fingers crossed when the promoter does I won’t see any problems 🙂

On a side note, Facebook import was following the instruction to use the global import setting for the default event category and I was manually having to select it when publishing. I have now told it to specifically use Trance Event.

Hunter

Welcome back 🙂

I hope you had a great weekend and thank you for the response.

It appears that I hadn’t yet published the event in question, so I believe it was duplicating the venue each time it checked it.

What do you have the ‘Status‘ set to under Events > Import? (see screenshot below)

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your day. Cheers!

Stuart
    Participant

Pending Review

Cheers

Hunter

Welcome back,

Thank you for the update. I set up an import to run every 30 minutes with the same settings you’ve got, but I’m not able to reproduce the duplicate venue issue. Have you seen things improve since you posted this statement?

I have since cleared up the backend with the duplicate venues and published the event – and it has stopped duplicating now… But that could be because no changes have been made to that event yet. Fingers crossed when the promoter does I won’t see any problems ?

Enjoy the rest of your day. Cheers!

Stuart
    Participant

Hi,

It has happened since. Hopefully it has fixed itself now. All my other imports are working OK too.

Best closing this thread I reckon and if it happens again I’ll reopen or refer to this thread.

Cheers, and thanks for looking into it.

Stuart

Hunter

Awesome! I appreciate the update and glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Please open a new thread if you have any more questions. Cheers!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate venues’ is closed to new replies.