Duplicate page titles on recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicate page titles on recurring events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Henry

Hi guys

Just added my first recurring event. I now have 3 events in the calendar which are exactly the same aside from different dates. Is there a way to customise the page title for each? Perhaps append the date to the end of the title to make the title unique?

Hopefully I am doing something wrong and there is an easy solution

Thanks in advance.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Henry,

Sure, are you looking to append to the title on the calendar itself or in the tooltip popup? I assume you’ll also want the title modification to show anywhere else the event appears? Basically anywhere in the event templates where you see get_the_title() or the_title() is where you’ll want to append the event date with tribe_get_start_date()

Henry

Hi Jonah!

Thanks for getting back. It is actually the ‘page title’ that I wanted to change, i’m not too bothered about the ‘h1 heading’. I know how Google like to have unique content across a website and i’m just worried about adding a recurring event that takes place every week for a year. That’s 52 duplicate page titles in Google’s eyes.

Not sure how to get around this one?

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Henry,

Right, so the title tag that appears in the browser tabs. To modify this you’ll either need to filter where wp_title() is called or just modify it in your header.php file in your theme to conditionally check if you are on a recurring event and if you are, append a date. Make sense?

Henry

Ah yes of course. The conditional check would do it. Any idea how I could check if it is a recurring event page? I’m going to go check the documentation now…

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Henry, strange it looks like it’s not in the documentation – I’ll fix that. It’s: tribe_is_recurring_event()

Henry

Ah thanks Jonah, nice one.

Jonah
    Participant

You’re welcome Henry, let me know if you need any other assistance with this one.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate page titles on recurring events’ is closed to new replies.