Duplicate Organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate Organizer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joseph
    Participant

I just purchased Facebook events and have a large number of existing organizers and events. Unfortunately, in my first import (luckily I only imported 1 as a test) the plugin seems to create another Organizer with the same name. Is there any way to map existing organizers with Facebook organizers? They are currently identical in all regards…

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

To make sure I’m understanding correctly, is the import from Facebook creating multiple organizers from the same page that your importing from?

Or are these organizers previously created within WordPress that happen to match the organizers from the Facebook events. When Facebook imports its creating a new entry that is identical to an existing organizer?

Thanks!

Joseph
    Participant

This one: Or are these organizers previously created within WordPress that happen to match the organizers from the Facebook events. When Facebook imports its creating a new entry that is identical to an existing organizer?

Is there a way to select already created organizers in a setting to map to Facebook imports? If not, this plugin creates more work for me than doing it manually. I may have to rethink the purchase.

I haven’t gotten far enough to see if there are going to be venue issues, but I would imagine that it would look for similar addresses. If not, we will see if we get past the organizer thing.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joseph,

I took a look through our importer code there and it appears that the check prior to import checks to see if there is an existing Organizer based on the Organizer’s Facebook ID which gets set when an event is imported from Facebook and the new organizer is created.

That being the case, I’m not sure there is a straightforward way to prevent the duplication of an existing Organizers. However, depending on how you’re using your site, there are a couple of options that you may consider.

• If you have an existing organizer that will match one that would be associated with a Facebook import, you could go ahead and assign meta to that organizer with their Facebook ID with the “_OrganizerFacebookID” key. This will prevent a re-import of that organizer from Facebook.
    • You could delete the existing Organizer and re-assing the events that were associated with those to the new Organizer created from the Facebook import.

I apologizer for the inconvenience of this particular. Hopefully one of the above options may be a good fit for your site.

Thanks!

Joseph
    Participant

I looked at editing the organizer, there are no fields for assigning the facebook ID in WordPress. Where in the DB would I find this?

Option 2 is not an option. There are so many events and organizer work done… that would be harder than manually doing the events from now on.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joseph,

Definitely understandable about the second option.

For the meta value, there isn’t a field on the admin side of things where this would be displayed however you could try Advanced Custom Fields and create a new field group to display only on the single organizer view that has a field with the name of “_OrganizerFacebookID”  (not field label).

Alternatively, if you have access to phpMyAdmin or similar solution for your site, you could update the postmeta table to include that value for the associated organizer WordPress IDs.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Joseph
    Participant

While I appreciate your efforts to assist, it doesn’t look like the solutions are valid for my circumstances. At this time, I am going to have to say that the current state of the plugin doesn’t fulfill my needs. How do I go about refunding my purchase and canceling the licensing?

BTW, if there were a simple way to assign the organizer from the import page, via a drop-down or other next to the “Events from … “, that would make this worth it.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joseph,

That’s understandable and a great suggestion! We can log it on our UserVoice page for consideration for future development.

You can request a refund by sending a copy of your original receipt to support[at]theeventscalendar.com. I’m sorry it didn’t work out on this one but hopefully our plugins will be a good fit on a future project.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Organizer’ is closed to new replies.