Duplicate images

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Duplicate images

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

I have regular posters that have to upload the very same image every time they post to the calendar. Needless to say, I have many copies of their logos. Just for a test, I deleted one of the images and verified that the calendar event points to the image by a link so each link is in use stopping me from deleting these images. This is really a nightmare in my media library. How do I combine these? How do I give users access to the existing images so they don’t have to continually update the same image?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question.

Unfortunately, the Community Events Submission form does not provide access to the media library. The only way to provide this access would be to give your users a user level that allowed them to edit their events from the backend.

Sorry I didn’t have a better answer for you here. Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

That’s about the most miserable response I have ever received here Sky. F-. I mailing you a worst support answer ever trophy. Your developers need to use less recreational drugs when they plan these things out 🙂

Allowing users access to the media library would require a change on your end in your code; there is really nothing that I can do about this god awful design. Can you lay out any of the database details where this data is kept? Maybe it’s a painful database update session. There really has to be someway for you folks to sort this out. Allow names on images when they are uploaded and let the use choose from their images in a list or upload a new one? Can you add this as an enhancement request?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Sorry to hear that you’re not happy with my answer. Unfortunately, that’s how the plugin currently works.

Events, Venues, and Organizers are all stored as custom post types within the wp_posts table.

If you would like request this as a feature, please visit our User Voice Forum.

Have a great day!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate images’ is closed to new replies.