Duplicate header/footer info on single events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicate header/footer info on single events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    leviticus
    Participant

I’m having a weird issue where the single-event.php template is showing the header and footer information twice on the page.

I have a custom default page to fit my theme. To make it, I only copy and pasted the default-tempate.php innards into my default page template. The main calendar page seems to be displaying correctly in both month and list views.

example: http://nwmnsynod.org/event/joint-theological-day/

Hunter

Hello 🙂

Sorry to hear about the troubles. I visited the link provided and experienced the issue described. You are more than likely experiencing a theme conflict. Please read through our Themer’s Guide on how to successfully overwrite your single-event.php template.

One tip I can provide off the bat would be to open “Inspect” by right-clicking your mouse when viewing an event page and see if you can track down the repeating code.

I hope this information helps and best of luck with the template override. Have a great week!

leviticus
    Participant

After getting nowhere inspecting the generated code, I scrapped everything in the template files and started fresh. Not really sure where the error was but that seemed to fix it.

Hunter

Glad to hear you’ve got it resolved 🙂

One more recommendation I have for learning how to create template overrides would be to visit YouTube and check out a few examples. LevelUp Tuts has really helped me over the years.

I’ll close this thread out but please open a new one if you have any more questions. Have a good weekend!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate header/footer info on single events’ is closed to new replies.