Duplicate Facebook Imports

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate Facebook Imports

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Colin Carmichael.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Colin Carmichael
    Participant

The Facebook importer is bringing in multiple copies of some events, but only sometimes. I haven’t been able to track down a pattern as to when this happens. If you take a look at the site in list view, you can see the several duplicated events. Each with unique URLs (event-name, event-name-2, event-name-3, etc). https://huron.buzz/events/list/

If the Aggregator could filter on FB event IDs, that would solve this AND a separate issue where FB Pages are subscribed to more than once.

Hi Colin,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual? Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Well, there are several pages that do it – but not always. Here’s one of them: https://www.facebook.com/www.giddyupandgoponies/

Apparently my event log was disabled… so I’ve enabled it and will keep an eye on it. Everything looks good on the status, though my import count looks higher than it should be.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

Is this occurring with scheduled imports or one-time imports?  Do you see these duplicates in the import preview, or only on your calendar?

So far, I have not been able to replicate the issue with this Facebook page, but if you can provide a bit of additional information, perhaps I will be able to see what you are seeing.

It looks like this is a recurring event that is set up on that Facebook page, is that correct?  If so, we are experiencing a bug with recurring events on Facebook, which may be why you are seeing some issues.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Jaime

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

These are scheduled imports. I went through and cleaned up all of the other
    duplicates and did notice that most (if not all?) were FB recurring
    events. If that’s a big, it’s a serious one for me. I am subscribed to
    over 300 local pages l, many of which post recurring events.

Hi Colin,

I wish I had better news for you, but it does seem that this is related to a current bug that we have logged in our system.  We are actively working on this bug and it is high priority.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.

They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Colin!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Facebook Imports’ is closed to new replies.