Duplicate events SEO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicate events SEO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bartmarkten
    Participant

Hello ,

We are using Events calendars PRO plugin and We have created an event who recurs weekly and so if we don’t add END date then it creates 52 events of a year.

Now , all events basically has different URL’s (Permalinks) , and so how google will understand which is the main event and other are canonical , can you tell me a setting or a way that your plugin provides for this ?

Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

You are correct that each instance in a recurring event series will have a separate URL. Are you looking to prevent Google from indexing all but the original event in a recurring series? If so, you would need to do a customization – this post has some example code that you could use as a staring point if you would like to give this a shot.

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate events SEO’ is closed to new replies.