Duplicate Events in Admin and Incorrect Notification Emails since Update

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Duplicate Events in Admin and Incorrect Notification Emails since Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Liverman
    Participant

Great plugin!

Just running into a new issue after several weeks of smooth sailing (i.e. may be related to recent plugin updates in December).

DUPLICATE EVENTS IN ADMIN:
    When a non-logged-in user submits an event (i.e. anonymous submission through community events add-on), we receive 2 events in the back-end that are “pending” and 1 notification email. Both “pending” events have incorrect date information, so its not obvious that one is the correct one and one is a random error.

When we publish one of these the other disappears, so we are NOT seeing duplicate entries on the FRONT end, but something is definitely amiss on the admin side and the date information is off either way.

EMAIL:
    We see 1 notification email but information is missing (i.e. venue) and the date information from the event is actually just the date and time that the event was submitted. For example, if we received an event submission today at 9:03am that was for an event occurring on March 30 at 3pm the notification email would read “January 15, 2014 9:03am – January 15, 2014 9:03am”.

NOTE:
    When a logged-in user (admin) uses the same front-end form to submit an event, none of these issues occur. So we see the correct event on the back end (just one) and the notification email is perfect.

Any help is appreciated!

Casey
    Participant

Ryan,
    Sorry to hear that you’re having issues here, but hopefully I can help you out. Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate this issue in my environment, so it seems to be something unique to your setup. Can you try deactivating all other plugins and trying the anonymous submissions again to see if you the issue persists? If the issue still occurs, please send me a screenshot of your Community Events Settings page (Events->Settings->Community) so I can further attempt to replicate the issue in my environment.

Thanks!

-Casey-

Ryan Liverman
    Participant

Okay it looks like it is being caused by W3 Total Cache. Need to do some more testing to see if there is a particular function in W3 that I can turn off to stop this behavior but I do know they were working together for a while so this must be due to a recent update on Comm Events / Events Cal or W3.

Ryan

Casey
    Participant

Ryan,
    Great! Glad to see that you’ve tracked down this issue. You might look into just disabling W3 cache on the Community Event Submission page to see if that fixes the problem.

Since it seems like you’re all set here, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Events in Admin and Incorrect Notification Emails since Update’ is closed to new replies.