Duplicate Events Bug Fix?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate Events Bug Fix?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Wolfson
    Participant

Hello,

As a recent purchaser of iCal import, I have run into the duplicate events import bug as discussed in this thread:

Does it just re-import all events every time instead of updating previously imported events?

This, yes, is unfortunately what happens at present if you try to import a file or feed that has already-imported events. Some people are working around this for now by just manually importing things, but otherwise this is a known bug and we are working hard on fixing it.

Can you provide more information about when this will be fixed? This is showstopper bug, in my opinion: the whole reason I purchased this plugin was so that I could import events automatically, so the fact that the workaround requires me to import events manually means that I can’t get any value out of the product as-is.

Has there been a fix since that thread was posted, or at least a more acceptable workaround?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I definitely understand the frustration here. Based on what I’m looking at for our current schedule, it looks like the update for this issue is tentatively scheduled to be released for early December. I’ve added this thread to our internal ticket for tracking this issue and you’ll be notified here as we make progress on the issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks!

Chris Adams
    Participant

I’m also keen to have this resolved asap and in fact other iCal importer issues discussed elsewhere… I really love the plugins and in particular the great support but these are significant issues that do need addressing asap here.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Aaron Wolfson
    Participant

Appreciate the response, Josh!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Aaron,

No problem! I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. Even though it’ll be closed, you’ll still receive updates here as we make progress on this one and more details about when it will be released.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Geoff

Hey there,

Just jumping in to let you now that the patch for this issue is included in 4.0.1 and it just released today. Keep your eyes open for the update and please do let us know if any other issues pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Events Bug Fix?’ is closed to new replies.