Dropdown menus don't appear

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Dropdown menus don't appear

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nathan
    Participant

Ever since the new update to Community Events, I’ve had an issue with dropdown menus appearing. I’ve used the 2017 theme and saw that it works just fine, so obviously there is a theme conflict. I’m not sure what it is because I enabled all the same plugins to test and couldn’t find another conflict. I went through and commented out all my theme’s tribe-event styles only to observe that it made no difference.

I went through and changed updated styles to reveal the old blocks that still work and hide the new divs because they aren’t working. I really like the update and the new design, but I have to have this plugin working right for my users. And I can’t simply switch themes to get things working. I think it’d be advantageous to try and make sure that the Community Events plugin will work with other common/most used plugins before a release that makes it unusable.

However, through quite a bit of digging, I found what I could do to make things work. First, I updated customized themed module files with the new ones that came with the plugin update. Second, I added the code below to the stylesheet.

div.select2-drop, div.ui-timepicker-wrapper {
    	z-index: 1888888888 !important;
    }

Doing this seemed to fix the issue. Probably don’t need the z-index set so high, but I didn’t want to go through the process of finding the exact number for making it show up on top. Third, I commented out any z-index setting the theme had set for date pickers for the events plugin. This seemed fix the issue.

Hope this works for everyone else who might be going through the same thing.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Nathan,

Dude, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us!

It would be great if you could also share what theme you are using. Thanks in advance!

I think it’d be advantageous to try and make sure that the Community Events plugin will work with other common/most used plugins before a release that makes it unusable.

I totally understand where you are coming from and we would love to do that. However due to the multitude of “most used” plugins and themes in the WordPress ecosystem this is impossible to do.

Fortunately we have a super community who helps us with reporting bugs and providing some solutions or workarounds as well.

Thanks again for sharing! Much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Dropdown menus don't appear’ is closed to new replies.