Dozens of Duplicate Venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Dozens of Duplicate Venues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cjswradio
    Participant

Hello,

We have accumulated many duplicate venues. It seems to happen with Facebook imports, where if multiple events are imported from the same venue + organizer, each event creates a new Venue entry. If you look at the attached screenshot, you can see how what seems to be the exact same venue over and over again is listed. This is problematic because of the 200 venue limit in the search bar, our venues max out by the letter “H”.

I read that there is a merge venues option if you update to Event Calendar Pro. However, I don’t see this under Events > Settings > General.

Is there any way that we can merge these venues, but not have events currently associated with those venues lose their venue information? I tried deleting the duplicates, but I am not prompted to reassign a venue to the events that lose the venue I delete. The solution I am hoping for is somehow being able to merge the venues.

Cliff

Hi.

There’s not currently a way to merge existing Venues.

If you go into the wp-admin Venue edit screen for those multiple events, is ALL of the information the EXACT same? If yes, please send at least 2 screenshots of that.

Please also send your Facebook import feeds/IDs so I can try it out on my local testing site too if need-be.

Thank you.

cjswradio
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for that info. Could you please tell me exactly how to recreate the issue (which things to import to get duplicate venues) so I can test for myself?

cjswradio
    Participant

Sure, this might take me a few days because we have a huge volume of events.

Cliff

Sure thing. Just know that threads auto-close after 2 weeks of inactivity. Please do reply before then with the requested information.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Dozens of Duplicate Venues’ is closed to new replies.