Downloading filtered results?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Downloading filtered results?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Melanie
    Participant

I’m using the Events Calendar on a school website, and I’ve input their events using categories almost like Apple uses “calendars.” In other words, there’s a Board category that includes all the Board Meetings; the Volleyball category includes all the volleyball games, etc. Is the Filter Bar what I need if I want to enable people to download an .ics file of just the categories that apply to them? So Board members could download just the Board Meetings, and parents could download just the Volleyball games?

Caroline

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can actually achieve this functionality with just The Events Calendar, I’m pleased to report–simply scroll to the bottom of any category’s list view and click the “Export Listed Events” button to download an ICS file of that category’s upcoming events. You can view a single category’s events by clicking the category name in the details box at the bottom of an event in that category.

Does that help to address your issue here? Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to assist! 🙂

Melanie
    Participant

Sweet! That worked! In order to make this easier for parents and teachers who will want to do this, is there a way for me to show the Categories I’m using? I mean, I know the names of things because I’m the one who created the events. So I can type “Volleyball” into the search field in order to get the Volleyball events to show up. But site visitors won’t necessarily know what options to type into the search field. It would be nice if they could see a list in order to choose the calendar they want to see.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Melanie.
    Melanie
    Participant

Never mind—I found a tutorial on how to add my categories as submenu items. Thanks!

Caroline

Hey, so glad to see you got this one sorted–thanks for following up! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out, in that case! 🙂 Please don’t hesitate to open up a new thread if you should have any other questions or if there’s anything else we can do to be of service. Thanks again for stopping by!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Downloading filtered results?’ is closed to new replies.