Downloadable list of events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Downloadable list of events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    katecooteltd
    Participant

My client needs to collate from the website, a list of events on a per month basis to send to the local newspaper. Other than adding the events to iCal or Google Calendar on an individual basis, is there a way to achieve the above on a monthly basis?
    Thanks in advance,

Hi!

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us and I’d be happy to help. Am I correct in that you are looking for a way to export a single Month’s events?

If your client is happy with using iCal or Google Calendar for sharing of the information with the local paper you could use the “iCal Import Month’s Events” button found on the Month View of The Event Calendar.

This would allow you to import all events at once vs. 1 at a time

Alternatively The Events Calendar has a rss feed that can also be used to see upcoming events. I’m not sure how familiar you or your client are with rss feeds but you could collate events from it.

The rss feed can be found at  http://your-url.com/your-events-slug/feed.

Please let me know if this information is what you are looking for.

katecooteltd
    Participant

Thanks for your pointers.
    Although the “iCal Import Month’s Events” button does add events to a calender I really need a printable list of a months events rather than a click and tell for each individual event as I am not sure the newspaper can do much with iCal. Indeed is iCal a mac app or would it work on Windows too?
    Once again, thanks for assistance.
    Colinz

Hi Colinz:

The file format is supported by Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook and other Mail/Calendar software.

If you want a printable list of Monthly events it sounds to me that you want to make a custom page that would list out only events for the current or upcoming month. This would require you to determine what information for the events you want to have displayed as well as creating a new page/view in your theme that would display the events in a format suitable for printing.

As a starting point I would take a look at the “Stub Plugin” that our team created that gets users started with creating their own views of “The Events Calendar” in that link is also references to our “Themer’s Guide”. We also have some tutorials available as well: https://theeventscalendar.com/the-events-calendar-for-wordpress-tutorials/

This should get you started with creating your own custom view, however we don’t have any feature built in to provide the functionality you are looking for.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thank you,

– Matthew

Hi, I wanted to quickly follow-up with you to see if you are all set. Please let me know if you do have additional questions I can assist with or if I should go ahead and close this thread.

Thank you,

– Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Downloadable list of events’ is closed to new replies.