Double-checking my wp-cron setup

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Double-checking my wp-cron setup

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    corey
    Participant

hello
    Since I didn’t want to have ?doing wp cron on every url, I’ve setup a custom cron on my host, triggering wp-cron.php every five minutes and disabling wp-cron in my functions.php. Will this one cron job take care of every job needed for the Events Calendar or do I need to make multiple cron jobs?

Thanks

Hunter

Welcome 🙂

It really depends which plugins you’re using that determine the crons needed to run. Have you tried using a plugin like WP Crontrol to gain more control over your crons? I would install it real quick to see which crons are set, that way you make sure you can cover them all in your functions.php file.

Let me know if this helps and have a good evening. Cheers!

corey
    Participant

Sorry I should have explained further, I’m using this method https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/setup-cron-job.htm not calling them individually in my functions.php

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I would still try the WP Crontrol plugin just so you can get a visual of which crons you need set up in order for the plugin to work properly.

We don’t have any sort of list of the crons the plugin creates (that I know of), though it is a good idea we do. I’ll bring this to the attention of those responsible for these decisions and let me know if you have any troubles identifying the crons.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

corey
    Participant

I installed WP Crontrol yet it doesn’t tell me if the crons are triggered by using the method I posted (running the /usr/local/bin/php /home/user/public_html/wp-cron.php command ) or if there’s some other way they should be triggered, nor does it tell me the last run of each cron.

Hunter

Welcome back,

I hope you had a great New Year! The procedure you’ve followed should work just fine. I also recommend heeding the advice from the article you linked to:

If you want to, you can set an email to receive the output of your cronjob. We recommend you doing that, to make sure that the task is executing properly. Once you get an email with the wp-cron.php output, you can remove your email address from the field to stop getting those mails.

So to recap, the method you’ve gone (manually adding cron jobs via the cPanel dashboard) running every 5 minutes should suffice for our plugins. Let me know if you’ve got any more questions and have a great week ahead.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Double-checking my wp-cron setup’ is closed to new replies.