Don't understand warning: Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Don't understand warning: Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Shelley
    Participant

I just updated Events Calendar Pro to 3.12. Events Calendar, which updated first, is 3.12.

I’m getting this message and have not clue what to do with it because it seems to be telling me to fix something that’s not broken – I want the Event Calendar plugin to show its calendar in place of the page, don’t I?

The page “Hillside Community Church Calendar” uses the “/hcc-events” slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar in place of the page.

Edit the page slug or edit The Events Calendar settings.

Thanks
    Shelley

Nico

Howdy Shelley,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I’ll help you out on this one 🙂

You are seeing that notice because The Events Calendar and the “Hillside Community Church Calendar” page seem to have the same slug. You can change the page slug if you want it to show as well. If this page was created as a ‘placeholder’ for the calendar please note that is not necessary at all.

Please let me know if this answers your question,
    Best,
    Nico

Daniel Maier
    Participant

Will the event page show up on the menu?

I also have a page as a placeholder in order to display the event page in our menu.

Nico

Hi Daniel,

What you are doing is ok, we just added the note because many times users where not aware they had a page with the same slug and it was causing them issue -not finding the page or the calendar. So if you want to leave it like this is ok.

On the other hand you can remove the page from the menu and add the calendar as a ‘Custom Link’ and that should work as well.

Best,
    Nico

Daniel Maier
    Participant

I was actually able to review my settings and delete one page that I was using as placeholder. I kept other two but as a child of a couple main pages so it is not triggering the note any longer since I don’t have anything like /events in the root any longer.

Thanks!

Shelley
    Participant

Got it!
    Thank you.
    Shelley

Shelley
    Participant

Uh-oh — No, my issue is not resolved after all. When I change the page slug for the Events page that comes with my theme, the Event Calendar loads just fine. But, it doesn’t work with the menu on the mobile app. Is there a way to fix that, or do I just leave the slugs the same for the two pages and ignore that message for as long as it show up?

Shelley

Daniel Maier
    Participant

You can change the slug for the page that you call on the menu and redirect that page to yourdomain.com/events, if that’s where you setup your calendar to run at.

You can use a plugin such as (Page Links To) to accomplish the redirect:

Page Links To

Nico

Hi Daniel and Shelley,

Thanks for following up on this 🙂

I guess both solutions are fine: Just ignoring the notice, or trying to set up a work around for this to work with the site configuration as Daniel suggests. I guess it depends on how your theme works, and the particular needs of your site. But again both are fine!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you on this,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Don't understand warning: Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar…’ is closed to new replies.