Don't display list events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Don't display list events

• This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anastasia Sudbinina.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anastasia Sudbinina
    Participant

Hello! =))
    I can not add list events. It’s not display. I create template for it, but i see filter only, and it not work.
    It worked on the local machine, but after the transfer to the hosting does not work.
    I made a conflict check and it showed that the plugin conflicts with my theme, but it’s not clear how to fix it.
    Help me, please ))
    It’s page events http://druziatesta.ru/events

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Anastasian,

You came to the right place, thanks for reaching out!

I just checked the URL you shared and I could see a list of events. Did you manage to fix the issue meanwhile or do you still need help with it?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Anastasia Sudbinina
    Participant

Sorry, during this time I managed to transfer the site to the test domain.
    I still need help. Here is the event list page: http://new.druziatesta.ru/event/
    Thank you!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Anastasia,

Allright, let’s see.

As a first, you will not need the The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets plugin. That plugin is not being supported any more and its functionality of that has been fully taken over by Event Tickets Plus.

Do you get the same result if you switch to a default theme like twentyseventeen?

If all works well with twentyseventeen then switch back and check the settings under Events > Settings > Display tab (screenshot)

Try ‘Tribe Event Styles’ and ‘Default Events Template’.

Let me know how it works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Anastasia Sudbinina
    Participant

Hi, Andras!
    I think I found the cause of the problem. But all the same I do not know as it to solve.
    In the folder of my theme there is a folder ‘tribe-events’ with modified templates for the plugin. If i delete it, the list of events is displayed.
    But it is displayed with the default design, whatever the template in the theme settings I chose.
    How do I change plug-in templates and do not lose these changes when the plug-in is updated?

I also do not see the calendar of events on the main page. I’m inserting a shortcode [tribe_mini_calendar count=’0′]. It’s not display in theme twentyseventeen, and my theme. Why it so?

I attached screenshots

Thank you for your help!

Anastasia Sudbinina
    Participant

Hello! ))
    The issue with the display of the event page has been resolved. But the main one still displays the shortcode of the calendar. And this does not change if i change the theme.
    I do not understand why this happens. I took the shortcode from an article in your knowledge base.
    Help me with this please.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

For the shortcode to work you need the following things:

• Events Calendar PRO activated
    • Use straight quotes (‘) in the shortcode. Curly quotes (` or ´ or similar) will break it

First try using only the plain shortcode:[tribe_mini_calendar]

If that works, then take the next step and add a filter:

[tribe_mini_calendar count='0']

Does this do the trick?

Andras

Anastasia Sudbinina
    Participant

Thank you, I understood. There is no pro-version of the plug-in on the test site. Whether it works or not I’ll see when I move the site to a working domain.

How can I edit the display template for one event or event list?
    If I edit the files in the folder /plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/ will my changes be deleted the next time I update the plug-in?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

This article might help you in case you want to use PRO on the dev site as well:

If I edit the files in the folder /plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/ will my changes be deleted the next time I update the plug-in?

Yes, absolutely. You can create template overrides for the files in the src folder. Usually there are instructions at the top of the files.

You will need to place the template overrides for PRO files here:

wp-content/themes/[your-child-theme]/tribe-events/pro

You can read more about template overrides in our Themer’s Guide – https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

How can I edit the display template for one event or event list?

You would need to create a template override for this file:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php

A.

Anastasia Sudbinina
    Participant

Thank you for your help!
    Another question
    I change the single-event.php template in the plugin the-events-calendar (\the-events-calendar\src\views\list\single-event.php). Copy it to the folder /theme-child/tribe-events/src/views/list/
    In the settings I put the Default event template Or Default page template, I update the page with the changes made, but nothing happens
    what am I doing wrong?

Anastasia Sudbinina
    Participant

I put in the settings of the plug-in and in the settings woocommerce the display of the currency sign to the right of the price, but it is displayed on the left.
    Сan be somewhere else there are settings that I have not noticed?
    screenshot in the attachment

Barry

Hi Anastasia,

We try hard to stick to one question per support topic (this helps us to provide fair service to all our customers). I’ll be happy to help with your question about template overrides, but please create a fresh topic for your question about currency formatting 🙂

I change the single-event.php template in the plugin the-events-calendar (\the-events-calendar\src\views\list\single-event.php). Copy it to the folder /theme-child/tribe-events/src/views/list/

Close! However the override filepath should actually be:

theme-child/tribe-events/list/single-event.php

In other words, when you copy them template to your theme the src/views part of the filepath is simply replaced with tribe-events.

I hope that helps!

Anastasia Sudbinina
    Participant

Yes, it’s help. Thank you!

Barry

Excellent 🙂

Since you’re all set with that, I’ll go ahead and close this topic. For anything else, please create a fresh topic (I see you already have one other that you opened today – someone from the team will come by to help as quickly as they can).

Thank you!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Don't display list events’ is closed to new replies.