Don't diplay past events in Single Venue view.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Don't diplay past events in Single Venue view.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    Participant

I have noticed that when viewing a single venue page that under the “Upcoming Events At This Venue” the events listed start with first event of the month and list the next 4 events for a total of 5 events. However they are not the “Upcoming”.

Is there a way to NOT display the past events and just the 5 upcoming for that venue?

Rob

Hey there Ken. Thanks for the note here. This one is a known issue we’ve got in the works for 2.0.5. The code is actually complete, so if this is a major issue for you (and you don’t mind running with 2.0.5 beta code, which we can’t provide support on for obvious reasons) feel free to email pro /a/ tri.be with a link to this thread. I’ll hook up that current beta code from there.

Otherwise, stay tuned a couple more weeks as 2.0.5 should be out by the end of the month. Sorry for the inconvenience in the interim.

Ken
    Participant

Its not a deal breaker right now I think I’ll hold out for the update in a couple weeks.

I also came across an bug where if there was no events for the venue then the “edit” link at the bottom of the page (after the venue meta is displayed) would take you to the edit page for the venue.

But if there was a couple events with that venue the “edit” link (now displayed after the last event) took you to the edit page for the last event in the list.

I added this code:
    wp_reset_postdata(); // reset the post data so that you can edit the venue and not the last event for this venue.

After the last endif; in the single-venue.php file

Ken
    Participant

The above solution worked to change the link to edit the venue instead of the event.

Rob

Thanks Ken. I was just able to recreate this myself so it definitely looks like a legit bug. I’ve logged for 2.1 (as we’re already in a code freeze for 2.0.5). Sounds like you’ve got a solution that will tide you over until then.

Appreciate the heads up. Let me know if we can do anything else on our end here, or if you dig up anything else bug-related.

Ken
    Participant

Sounds good…I’m glad to offer up a solution for once instead of a problem. LOL

Rob

Ha! You give some, you get some 🙂

Henry

I noticed this too. A workaround i’ve created on my site is:

0 ): ?>
    Upcoming events

<?php if ( ( strtotime(tribe_get_start_date()) < time() ) && ( strtotime(tribe_get_end_date())

<?php the_title('‘, ‘‘); ?>
    ~

Henry

Oops – that code paste didn’t seem to work?

Jonah
    Participant

We should have php pasting capability in the comments now… Let me try it:

[php]
    &lt;meta itemprop=&quot;startDate&quot; content=&quot;"/&gt;
    [/php]

Jonah
    Participant

Nope… try pastie.org or pastebin.com

Ken
    Participant

From the update change log it states that the issue with past dates not appearing on the venue page. Am I missing something, my site still shows past events.

Rob

Hey Ken: it’s behaving as it should on my end; when I set up an event to occur in the past at a given venue, it’s not showing on the frontend venue page. Have you updated both free & PRO to 2.0.5?

Henry

2.0.5 resolved the issue for me.

@Ken, this may sound obvious and you’ve probably done it already but if you’ve moved single-venue.php to your theme’s directory then you’ll need to update this file for the fix to kick in after upgrading to 2.0.5

Jonah
    Participant

@Ken and @Henry – what Ken said applies to any files that you’ve overridden in the ‘events’ folder in your theme. You’ll always need to check these for any changes that happen in updates because they won’t automatically go into your override files.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Don't diplay past events in Single Venue view.’ is closed to new replies.