doesn't seem to be importing properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator doesn't seem to be importing properly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Raymond Foresman
    Participant

i just purchased the ical importer, i created an ICS file from my icalendar of my upcoming events. I also tried sharing my calendar on a public site to import the ical feed. In either instance, when i import the file, it changes all the dates and times. Now i thought it may be a problem with my exported file, however, when delete my calendar, and re import the ics file into my icalendter, it is correct, so it appears the actual ICS file is correct.

This plugin i purchased will not work for me if it changes the dates and times of all my events.

please help.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Raymond,

Welcome to the forums! I am sorry you are experiencing trouble right out of the gate. I would love to help you figure out what’s happening.

Thanks for sharing your system information, this was very helpful. I see that WordPress does not have a timezone set. If WordPress does not know what timezone you are in it will assume you are in the international default timezone, GMT. Any date on your entire site will appear in that timezone, including events (unless you setup your calendar to span multiple timezones). So I believe what is happening is that you are importing events from a timezone other than GMT, when they get imported they get converted to GMT, which will change the times and sometimes the dates.

If you go to WP-Admin > Settings > General, scroll down to Timezone and select the appropriate one. Now try importing that iCal file again. Did that fix the times and dates?

Cheers!

– Brook

Raymond Foresman
    Participant

Well i guess I’m an idiot! However, and maybe I’m being premature or because it did one import its not reading the new ones, but i imported 18 new events from my ical feed, after i deleted all the others, and it appears the dates and times were now correct, but i got a message at the top of the import page that said “18 events were found and imported, no events were created”, and it added nothing to my events page. Then i thought maybe i needed to empty the events trash where i had deleted the previous imports to, delete the recurring import i set up and start again with a fresh one. Now i get a message when i subscribe to the ical feed “Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search.”

i have tried creating a new shared ical feed url but now its not finding anything and I’m not sure why.

Thanks so much for your help…i had no idea about the date and time settings in WP

Raymond Foresman
    Participant

okay i think i fixed it. i think the issue was that i moved my ical stuff around so much yesterday in creating multiple ICS files that somewhere the information in my calendar got botched up.

I created a brand new calendar, recreated my events, and shared to a new webcal URL and it worked.

Thanks for the help…will stay on here if anything else botches up!!

Brook
    Participant

You’re not an idiot at all, we’re actually working to make this more intuitive. Our calendar allows you to delete events imported via iCal. Of course outside of initial testing, typically when you delete an event you do not want it to appear again the next time you import that file. So the calendar keeps a memory of all “deleted” events and stops them from being reimported.

Our next version of iCal importer/Event Aggregator makes this behavior more intuitive. Instead of a Delete button you will see a button to hide the event and prevent it from getting reimported. From there you can always choose to unhide the event, or even truly delete if you want it to get reimported.

I am happy you got this working. Please do stick around the forums, we’d love to help if you have any more questions. I am going to archive this topic since it’s resolved. We always try to keep our topics focused on one issue. But you can open as many topics as you want, so please feel free to open a new one if something else crops up.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘doesn't seem to be importing properly’ is closed to new replies.