Does the new Event Tickets Plus resolve the issue of total seat stock?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Does the new Event Tickets Plus resolve the issue of total seat stock?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Paul Benbow
    Participant

For my event I have two ticket types (adult tickets and children tickets). If I create these separetly I see the ability to add a stock quantity for each of the ticket types but not the number of tickets sold overall. We have 202 seats in our theatre and I have no clue how many children will buy tickets vs adults, so I need to set a limit on the TOTAL tickets purchased, not on the individual ticket types. Is there a way to do this?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/total-seat-stock-rather-than-individual-ticket-sub-type-stock-counts/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

We did not include a Global Stock Feature in Tickets Plus.

It is on our roadmap, but I do not have a release date for that feature.

Thanks

barback
    Participant

Related to this question,
    If I have to split my inventory between different price tickets, or between tickets and RSVPs (will pay at door) I will need to manage the allotted inventory carefully. Will I receive an email when stock is running low?

This was an option using WooTickets, but I don’t see that as an option in the new Event Tickets or Event Tickets Plus, nor in Easy Digital Downloads.

If it is an option, where do I enter the email to receive the stock running low notification, and where do I set the quantity to trigger the notification?

Jessica
    Participant

Paul,

Thats exactly what I am looking for also…

Does that work in woocommerce tickets?

J

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Jessica.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no low stock notification for the RSVP.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/

Cheers

barback
    Participant

What about Easy Digital Downloads? I know you had to write something to get EDD to track inventory at all.

Brian
    Keymaster

Nope, unfortunately it is not included in any of those.

Paul Benbow
    Participant

Can you give some guidance on the best work around for this? My client wants to move to Event Espresso which does have this facility.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I do not have a workaround for this unfortunately and I am limited in supporting customizations.

I tried to look up some solutions for WooCommerce, but nothing seemed promising.

I can try to help answer some questions about our plugins, but limited in providing much more then this.

Will
    Participant

I’m really surprise that this isn’t possible, as i thought it would be a pretty basic option for someone wanting to sell tickets for a venue.
    I have run into this exact same problem, where i have created an event for which adult and child tickets are sold for the event, though they have a limited number of seats per event, then i can’t really say how many to account for each!, so i’m not sure what to do here.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

It is currently not an option, but it is something we are developing and hope to have in the next couple of releases if everything goes according to plan. I do not have a better timeline then that.

That is all I have on this right now as there is no simple snippet to add this feature.

Thanks

Paul Benbow
    Participant

For those considering Event Espresso I can say from experience that although this plugin does have ticket limiting and doesn’t require WooCommerce to sell tickets, the interface, documentation and front end copy is really quite poor and requires a lot of work filtering output and styling to give the same sort of front-end experience offered by The Events Calendar. Once ticket limiting is in The Events Calendar it will certainly be my event plugin of choice.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Paul, Thanks for your message here.

I can say about the global stock we are developing it now and plan to release it in an upcoming release.

I cannot make any promises, but I am hoping it is in one of the next major releases.

For now there is nothing else I can do here on this so I am going to close this ticket.

If you need help on this or something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Does the new Event Tickets Plus resolve the issue of total seat stock?’ is closed to new replies.