Does the events calendar search bar search across Venues and Organizers?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Does the events calendar search bar search across Venues and Organizers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pickleshy
    Participant

All my events are set up with Venues, and some with Organizers. However, when I search for Venue X or Organizer X (on the front end), only results that contain those terms in the *event details* field are returned. However, when I search for the same venue in my dashboard, I see all events at that venue.

Should the front-end search bar be searching Venues and Organizers out of the box, or is that a modification I need to do on my own?

Barry

Hi – great question!

The search facility exposed in the Tribe bar is geared to locating events – but venues and organizers are not expressly hidden and should be exposed during a conventional WordPress search, ie:

example.com/?s=venue+name+description+keywords

Ought to result in matches that include venue post types. We’d certainly be open to any feature requests you might make with regards to integrating this into the Tribe search, though, and you can post any requests across on UserVoice (which also lets other customers show their support for the idea).

I hope that helps!

pickleshy
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for responding. I’d like to make sure I understand your explanation fully.

In the Tribe search bar, I would expect the following search:
    events/upcoming/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1&tribe-bar-search=benaroya+hall
    to return all results that are associated with venue “Benaroya Hall.” Are you saying this is not the case?

Thanks.

Barry

Exactly – I’m sorry I wasn’t clear enough previously – but yes, the search facility accessed via the Tribe bar covers events only – not other types of post like organizers and venues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Does the events calendar search bar search across Venues and Organizers?’ is closed to new replies.