Does The Events Calendar Mine Our Data

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Does The Events Calendar Mine Our Data

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by apotheosiscomics.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    apotheosiscomics
    Participant

In order for the Facebook import tool to work, The Event Calendar requires access to all the groups we manage through this Facebook account. That’s a lot of data. We need the Aggregator for one business, and we manage several. I see the potential for collecting names, pages customers follow, events they’re attending, all without receiving any benefit of this data mining. They aren’t even attending an event that we’re putting on our website, they just happen to be a member of another group we manage.

Do you harvest all the data you have access to? There is no clear answer on your site.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support. Our Event Aggregator will import events from a specific link. It will only import event data. If you want to manually import, you can preview the import and only select the events you would like to have on your website.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Does The Events Calendar Mine Our Data’ is closed to new replies.