Does Event Aggregator Support Importing Recurring Events from iCal?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Does Event Aggregator Support Importing Recurring Events from iCal?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    taeweb
    Participant

I don’t need the actual events to be set as recurring in WordPress, it’s fine if it just creates a separate event for each occurrence. However, right now it’s only importing the first occurrence and not any of the subsequent ones even when a RRULE is set in the iCal feed.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi taeweb,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you share that file / feed with me? I would like to run some tests.

If I know correctly it should import recurrences as single events, given that your import settings are correct. The import settings are under Events > Settings > Imports tab.

Cheers,
    Andras

taeweb
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for sharing that.

they come over as single non-recurring events.

Yes, that is expected behavior.

As noted on the Event Aggregator product page, “If you are going to be using Events Calendar PRO on your site it’s worth noting that while Event Aggregator can import recurring events, once imported they will become standalone, single events—rather than a connected series of events.”

So if they are importing the recurrences as single events, that’s how it’s supposed to work.

If it’s not importing recurrences, then make sure that the first instance of the event series is also in the range of your import. If it’s not, then the recurrences will likely not be imported.

If they still don’t get imported, then we might have a bug on our hands.

Do the recurrences import? Based on your opening note they don’t, but your second note suggests they do. Can you please confirm?

If you are still having an issue, then please let me know which event from the feed is the troublemaker.

Thanks,
    Andras

taeweb
    Participant

Sorry if I was unclear in my followup. I understand the intended behavior of importing recurrences as single events, but it doesn’t seem to be importing recurrences at all. It only imports the first one, and none after that. I set the range to unlimited and it’s still not bringing them in. Other ideas?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi taeweb,

Thanks for the clarification!

I did some further investigation and came across a bug regarding this. As a result recurrences are not being imported at the moment. One of our developers is already on the case and hopefully we can release the fix soon. Please hang in there.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

taeweb
    Participant

Thanks Andras,

Appreciate you getting this fixed. I was poking around at some other threads and found one about it not deleting events that were deleted from source. Was hoping it acted more as a sync than an import I guess. Not sure if we’ll be able to use it anyway without that feature. Any update on whether or not this will be something that’s added soon?

-Bryan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Bryan!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Does Event Aggregator Support Importing Recurring Events from iCal?’ is closed to new replies.