Does default content settings still need to appear in front end form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Does default content settings still need to appear in front end form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    welshartnow
    Participant

I have set my default city/country to Bristol/UK. Do these fields still need to be included in the front end template to be caught each time a user submits an event or can I strip them out of the template, the logic being that are always in Bristol/UK so why display this to the user?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Casey
    Participant

welshartnow,
    Thanks for getting in touch! If you’ve changed your ‘Default Content’ settings in Events->Settings->Default Content, then the Community add-on will honor those settings on the Event Submission form. With that being said, those fields will still need to be on the form in order to be submitted as data with the event. If you want to hide them, you could do so with some CSS by using ‘display:none,’ and the field information will still be submitted. Does that make sense?

Give that a shot and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

welshartnow
    Participant

Thank you Casey, sure that makes sense, sorted.

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/jw

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Does default content settings still need to appear in front end form’ is closed to new replies.