Does a cancelled event send out notificiations at all to attendees?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Does a cancelled event send out notificiations at all to attendees?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, when I cancel an event that say has 10 attendees going to said event do they all get a notification of some sorts to say it has been canceled?

Also can a text be sent with a similar notification?

Just looking for what might happen when an event is cancelled like this. Thanks James

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey there James!

Unfortunately, cancelling an event is not a built-in functionality of our plugins.

For cancelled events, you could edit the event and add a cancel message to it and remove or hide the tickets by modifying the end sale dates.

However, you will need to manually send a notification to the attendees already registered for the event.

Hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Victor, ok I understand. I was hoping their was some kind of functionality to help with the cancellation of events as my site will ultimately run workshops and they tend to chop and change frequently depending on the popularity of them as we need a certain number of attendees before an event is viable. Ok I might look to see what a work around might be. Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Thanks for following up with this.

I think that for that situation, you might want to check out the move tickets functionality that enables you to move the tickets from one event to another including its attendees. This will trigger an email to the ticket holders notifying them about the change.

You can learn more about this in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-tickets/

I hope that helps 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Does a cancelled event send out notificiations at all to attendees?’ is closed to new replies.