Documentation suggestions related to depreciation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Documentation suggestions related to depreciation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Oastler
    Participant

The calendar documentation has improved substantially since the move to the new domain – great work! A couple suggestions that might make it even more helpful:

Two functions from the documentation that appear to do effectively the same thing:
    tribe_events_single_event_meta/
    tribe_display_the_event_meta/

Suggestions:

1. Add more visual indicator to highlight whether a function is depreciated.
    2. If – as it appears in this case – there is a replacement function that provides similar functionality as a depreciated function – include a reference to it in the documentation page of the depreciated entry.
    3. Consider adding an example and/or screenshot of what the function can do in action. Even following these example functions thru to their new source function – tribe_get_meta_group – provides me with little in the way of detail of what the output does or could look like. It really just validates that the function name matches to the purpose “Get the meta group”. Searching for meta group in docs + knowledge base didn’t prove any more fruitful.

A comparable example – https://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/article/gform_get_meta/ – shows how to use the function, what and where it retrieves from and is quite easy to understand visually.

Nico

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this! We appreciate your feedback, and let me say I agree with everything you point out.

It’s true that our technical docs have been improved, but we know there’s a lot more that can be done – like adding hooks, among other things. I see there’s a ticket for this in our backlog, I’ll add your comments in there, but I guess we will have to wait some time before the docs are improved again.

Gravity Help seems to be doing a good job there!

Thanks a lot for your feedback once again, please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you on this?
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Documentation suggestions related to depreciation’ is closed to new replies.