Do WooCommerce Tickets need to be a virtual products?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Do WooCommerce Tickets need to be a virtual products?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aovivo
    Participant

Hi there, i wonder if the tickets need to be virtual – or can i use them as a standard product? if they do have to be virtual – is there a specific reason why (besides delivery)?
    thanks in advance
    P.-

Brook
    Participant

Howdy aovivo,

That is an interesting question. I do believe that the only reason tickets are virtual is to skipp the WooCommerce shipping process. I just added a ticket, then unchecked the virtual box from the Products > Edit Product screen. I was able to purchase it no problem. You could do the same for your tickets. Obviously that adds a couple steps for each ticket though. If you are keen to you could write a modification. This would be possibly by hooking into wordpress’ update_post_meta, and swapping ‘_virtual’ from ‘yes’ to ‘no’. Not super complicated, but that would certainly require a sound knowledge of PHP and WP APIs.

Does that all make sense? Any other questions? I am happy to help. Cheers!

– Brook

aovivo
    Participant

thanks NBrook for looking into this.
    the main reason i am thinking to move it to regular product is becaus in the country i am doing business (germany) the virtual product was now set equal to digital products – which then has other legal restrictions (digital music download f.e.) as you can imagine.
    the extra steps disabling/removing shipping costs is no extra work at all – and thanks for pointing out the post_meta possibility – but the main question has been properly answered and pointed me into the right direction. thanks for that…

Brook
    Participant

You are very welcome aovivio!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Do WooCommerce Tickets need to be a virtual products?’ is closed to new replies.