Do the organizer and venue details get overwritten when updating feeds?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Do the organizer and venue details get overwritten when updating feeds?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

I want to make sure my work adding details to my databases won’t be overwritten the next time my feeds update.

If the details of the database are overwritten, please don’t. Database details should not be in the hands of the people creating events that are fed in from Facebook because most fields are usually blank.

Thank you.

Patricia

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Scheduled imports will update your events based on your configs at Events -> Settings -> Imports -> Event Update Authority.

You can choose between three options:

1- Overwrite your event with any changes from the original source.

2- Do not re-import events. Changes made locally will be preserved.

3- Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.

Based on your request, I believe the third option is what you are looking for. You will find more information about these settings in the following article:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

But do they overwrite the contents of the venue and organizer databases, too?

⁣Sent from Blue ​

Patricia

Hi there,

The option you choose on Event Update Authority affects events, venues and organizers.

I’ve just ran a quick test (with events, venues and organizers imported from Facebook) and I can confirm that this option is working as expected.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Do the organizer and venue details get overwritten when updating feeds?’ is closed to new replies.