Do I Need to Renew Facebook Events if I have Events Aggregator?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Do I Need to Renew Facebook Events if I have Events Aggregator?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Martha
    Participant

I am getting a notice on my account that I need to renew Facebook Events. Do I need to do that if I have Events Aggregator? Can I safely ignore the Facebook Events renewal notice?

Why are you sending out renewal notices for a product that you are phasing out?

Also, I agree with some of the other folks that I liked the old Facebook Events interface better than the Events Aggregator interface. I am only importing events from Facebook, so I didn’t really need the other options. Now I have to go through an extra step every time to tell Events Aggregator that I am importing from Facebook. Is there a way to set Facebook as my default import source?

Thanks for your help with this.

Nico

Hi there Martha,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Short answer: yes, just ignore the Facebook renewal notices!

Why are you sending out renewal notices for a product that you are phasing out?

This is great feedback which I passed along to the team working on the site / marketing for our products. I guess you are right about this!

Also, I agree with some of the other folks that I liked the old Facebook Events interface better than the Events Aggregator interface. I am only importing events from Facebook, so I didn’t really need the other options. Now I have to go through an extra step every time to tell Events Aggregator that I am importing from Facebook. Is there a way to set Facebook as my default import source?

Another great piece of feedback. For now there’s no option to set a default import type but I’m logging this as a feature request in our internal system as it sounds like it could help some users out!

For now you can paste this snippet in your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file and it should do the trick for you:
    https://gist.github.com/niconerd/137f4cb5c7be90e2fb903f1168fc22c8

Thanks once again for the great feedback 🙂

PLease let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Do I Need to Renew Facebook Events if I have Events Aggregator?’ is closed to new replies.