Do I need to buy pro to make the event calendar work properly with WPML?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Do I need to buy pro to make the event calendar work properly with WPML?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leo

Hello, there

Do I need to buy the pro version so the event calendar can work properly with WPML?

right now I have an English calendar, which works fine, and I also have its French translation, but sometimes the event calendar can`t show the correct calendar. To be more specific, sometimes on English page, it shows French calendar, but sometimes it shows the correct English calendar on the English page. same story with our French page, sometimes, on French page, it shows French Calendar, but sometimes it shows an English one on French page.

So I`m thinking, how come one same URL can show different results randomly? maybe I need to buy the pro version?

If the pro version limitation is the cause, then we will go pro, but if it cannot solve the problem then please help us.

Thank you in advance
    -Leo

Geoff B.

Good evening Leo and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Do I need to buy the pro version so the event calendar can work properly with WPML?

Normally, you should not need the Events Calendar Pro to run our the Events Calendar with WPML.

You will simply need to make sure you follow these 2 guides precisely:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-translations-for-events-using-wpml/

Would you be willing to provide the URL to your calendar if this does not work ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Leo

Thank you for your reply, I contacted the WPML and fixed the random display issue via disabling the monthly view caching. but thanks anyway for your help!
    Have a good one!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Leo,

Thank you for writing back and sharing your solution.

We will definitely take a look into the compatibility with that option and get back to you.
    What is probably going on is that WPML also has its own caching system.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening Leo,

I believe I might have some good news.
    The following steps seem to fix the issue:

1. Please update to the latest version of the Events Calendar (4.6), the Events Calendar Pro (4.4.17)  and WPML (3.8.2)
    2. If required, head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:
      a) Clearing WPML cache
      b) Disabling language switcher cache
      c) Using ALL the cleanup buttons on that page
      d) Re-saving your permalinks

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 16 October 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-16-october-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Do I need to buy pro to make the event calendar work properly with WPML?’ is closed to new replies.