Do I need Event Calendar PRO to use Community Events?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Do I need Event Calendar PRO to use Community Events?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Rob.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leandra
    Participant

Put simply, can I purchase the Community Events plug-in to run with the free version of The Events Calendar or do I also need to purchase the PRO version to make everything work? Thanks!

Scott

Similar question…
    When purchasing Events Calendar Pro (Business) do we also have to pay the same amount of money for access to a single plugin? i.e. #100 yr for Events Calendar Pro + $100 yr for Eventbright Plugin? Sorry for the confusion but…

Rob

Hey folks. Thanks for the notes here….happy to help you out best I can here.

Leandra: you can definitely run Community Events on The (free) Events Calendar, without a need for PRO at all. Just keep in mind none of the PRO functionality like recurring events, etc will carry over to the frontend submission form.

Scott: I’m pretty sure I understand your question but let me know if my answer doesn’t reflect that, and I’ll adjust my reply accordingly. But as it stands: if you wanted to use Eventbrite and Events Calendar PRO, you would need to purchase those two licenses independently. But Eventbrite Tickets will run alongside the free The Events Calendar, so if you don’t want the PRO functionality – keeping in mind that recurrence DOES NOT work with Eventbrite, due to a limitation in their API – you could just buy Eventbrite and run it on the free version.

Hope that helps. If it doesn’t, let me know!

Leandra
    Participant

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I have been using this plug-in for many sites and I simply love it. Can’t wait to play around with the Community Events add-on. Thanks!

Rob

My pleasure! Glad to be of service, Leandra…and thanks so much for your words of support. We really appreciate it. Let me know if we can do anything else in the future and we’ll definitely make it so.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Do I need Event Calendar PRO to use Community Events?’ is closed to new replies.