Distinguish between blog post and calendar event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Distinguish between blog post and calendar event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicola
    Participant

Hello, thanks to Barry’s patience I got my first issue to work now and I am trying to learn the basics of php. Now I have another question.

I do show calandar events in the main blog loop along with normal blog postings. For the normal blog postings I do want to show the date they were published, using

<?php the_time(get_option('date_format')); ?>

and for the calendar events I do want to show the date published and the event duration, using

<?php echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details(); ?>

From what I have learned from my previous support thread I can do that if I knew how to distinguish blog post from calendar event.

Like this:

<?php if ( <strong>is_a_tribe_event</strong>() ) ?>
    <?php echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details(); ?>
    <?php endif ?>

Is there a tag for “is a tribe/calendar event”? Because I could not find one browsing the support section.

Kind regards,
    Nicola

Geoff

Hello Nicola! Thanks for reaching out and for the kind words–I’ll be sure Barry knows he rocks. πŸ™‚

Good question and–believe it or note–you’re pretty close.

You can do a check for whether a post is an event using theΒ tribe_is_event() function. So, that might look something like this:

<?php if ( tribe_is_event() ) {
    echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details();
    } ?>

See, pretty close! Nice work.

Does this help? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Geoff

Nicola
    Participant

Thank you, this works perfect!

Geoff

Sweet! Thanks for following up and letting me know. πŸ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to reach back out if any other questions pop up–we’d be happy to help.

Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Distinguish between blog post and calendar event’ is closed to new replies.