Displaying private events from eventbrite

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Displaying private events from eventbrite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julian Bassermann
    Participant

Hi there,
    just purchased the Eventbrite plugin and can’t figure out the public vs private settings.

So I create a new event in my WordPress using Eventbrite for the ticket. When I then alter the privacy settings in Eventbrite to PRIVATE the registration button on the event disappears.

Can you help me with this.

Thanks, Julian

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Julian,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

That is a great question you have there!

Once the event is set to private in Eventbrite, then your website is no longer able to fetch the details of the event, thus it is not able to show the tickets.

This is how the Eventbrite API and our plugins work, so I’m afraid if you want the event to be private you will not be able to show the tickets on your site.

I hope this clarifies. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Julian Bassermann
    Participant

Thank you for your response. Thought I had read somewhere it doesn’t matter if the event is private or public, the event calendar will import them regardless.

Will you be supporting this in the near future? And if not could I get a refund?

Thanks, Julian

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Julian,

I’m sorry for the confusion. If you could point me to the page or documentation where you read this then I would be happy to check that and adjust it if needed.

Also, I’m a bit confused as well. First you mentioned:

So I create a new event in my WordPress using Eventbrite for the ticket.

Then you say:

… the event calendar will import them regardless.

Creating an event in WordPress and keeping it in sync with Eventbrite is different then importing an event from Eventbrite with the importer.

You should be able to <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>import</span> private events from Eventbrite with the importer. However, the ticket sales will likely not be visible on your site due to the private setting.

Does this clarify? Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying private events from eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.