Displaying personal event in the member’s page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Displaying personal event in the member’s page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Llerena
    Participant

Hello there, I just purchased Community Events.
    I have a business directory and I will like for member to post events to the directory’s general calendar (done) and now I would like to display the member’s events on their listing page. Is it possible? Is there a shortcode or widget available?

The idea is for member to share their events on their profile page.

Can I also list all event at one venue?

Thanks,

Miguel

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can display lists by venue with the url for that venue, which you can find by going to Events > Venues and clicking “View” for the venue (see screenshot). You can then copy the URL from your browser.

To display the events for certain users on their member page, you can set up the member pages using WordPress default author templates and then add a shortcode to the template to display the events (see this post for more info on how to do this).

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help implementing this!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Miguel Llerena
    Participant

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for responding.
    I realized I didn’t explain it right.

What I’m looking to do is to display the author’s events on the author’s listing page, not the user’s events. I’m sorry about the confusion.

I member is browsing through the listings in the directory, stop in one listing (author’s page) and can see a list of the event that author/owner of the listing has for the month of July or any given month.

Hopefully I make sense now. 🙂

Best,

Miguel

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for clarifying!

That snippet should display the author’s events, it’s just a matter of getting it the right author ID…for user-submitted events (with Community Events), the user who submits the event is the author for that event. How are your author directory pages set up? Are you using a plugin? Depending on that, you could tweak that code by pulling the ID for the author the page is for and giving that to the snippet.

Does that make sense? If you could give me some more specific information on how it’s set up, I’d be happy to take a look and see what I can recommend!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Miguel Llerena
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Miguel Llerena
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Miguel Llerena
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you very much!
    I will try it later on and let you know.

Just as a suggestion, it would be great if you guy could come out with a shortcode or widget for this.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel,

We actually do have shortcodes that come with Pro that give a wide variety of options for filtering and displaying events around your site, but unfortunately filtering by author is not currently one of those options. I will bring this up to the team however and see about including it in the future.

For the time being, let me know how this works out!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Miguel Llerena
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel,

No problem at all! Thank you for the feedback! It’s always nice to hear that our plugins are helping : )

I can definitely see how this feature would be useful – if you have a minute, we would love for you to post this idea over in our Feature Ideas forum, which we use to gauge user interest in new features and help plan for future development.

Good luck with the formatting, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying personal event in the member’s page’ is closed to new replies.