Displaying custom fields in front-end of site

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Displaying custom fields in front-end of site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Cooper
    Participant

Hi. I was wondering if it’s possible to display the data submitted via Additional Fields like _ecp_custom_1 and _ecp_custom_2 to the public calendar listing in the front end?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

When you talk about custom fields, do you mean the Additional Fields from Events Calendar PRO? Normally, those fields appear in the Event’s meta box. Do you want to display them in another place? You mention the “public calendar listing”: do you mean the “List view” on your /events page?

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Dylan Cooper
    Participant

Hi Jeremy. Thanks for your reply. Yes, you’re correct. I want to display them in another place., in the on our events page?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Dylan,

First, you’ll need to override the template which displays a single event in the list view (wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php) in your child theme. Beofre doing that, I would recommend you to read carefully our Themer’s Guide.

Then, you can call your additional field by using the following php code:

<?php echo tribe_get_custom_field('My additional field');?>

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying custom fields in front-end of site’ is closed to new replies.