Displaying calendars by category

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Displaying calendars by category

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John

Hey there,

I’m working on a client project who has 3 event pages. I need to display events in calendar view on each of these 3 pages, based on their category. On page 1 display events only from category 1, on page 2 events only from category 2, and on page 3 events only from category 3.

Is this possible? Reading through the documentation it appears as though it is not, but as it seemed like pretty standard functionality I wanted to check. I’m more than happy to buy the Pro version if it can accomplish this.

Thanks in advance!

John

Barry

Hi – great question!

Though embedding the calendar into other pages/posts isn’t natively supported at this time, you can certainly open any of our views (month view, list view, week view etc) in a specific category. So there’s no reason for instance you couldn’t simply like to the appropriate categories from your menu – which would basically achieve the same thing.

Does that help? Let us know if we can clarify anything else.

Thanks!

John

Hey Barry,

Thanks for your reply. When you say that I can link to the appropriate categories from my menu, is it also possible to link to a page NOT from the menu? For example, via a hyperlink (eg. http://example.com/events/category-1) and have that page display the month view displaying only events in category-1? I need to be able to link to the events pages not just from the menu, but directly via a link.

I know it isn’t supported but being able to use a shortcode to display events in the following way would be a really useful feature:
    [mt-events-calendar view=’month’ cat=’category-1′]

John

Barry

We’re definitely open to any and all feature requests if you’d like to post one and yes, three’s no reason that you wouldn’t be able to simply insert a link to a given category from within a page or post, for example.

I hope that helps 🙂

Barry

Please note this thread will no longer be monitored: if we can help with any other questions, please create a new thread!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying calendars by category’ is closed to new replies.