Displaying by category in Headway Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Displaying by category in Headway Theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sheila
    Participant

Still polishing this soon to release new Headway Theme v3 site: http://www.amanda.hoffmangraphics.com.

It’s using Event Calendar Pro for the workshops in 3 categories. The client wants me to make a custom sidebar that is unique depending on the category that comes up. In Headway’s Visual Editor Grid Mode I do have a section for the Events and I could customize each page separately. That’s a bit cumbersome because as the client adds new events they wouldn’t have the custom sidebar unless we created it anew for each event. I’m hoping there might be a way to customize the sidebar BY category.

I just created a new page that displays the events with the custom sidebar here: http://amanda.hoffmangraphics.com/leadership-with-horses/programs-workshops-with-horses. This is currently listing all events and I want it to only list horse workshop events. I do not see a way to specify which of the event categories to display. I can choose regular post categories and I can choose post types. The events are basically a custom post type and do show up there. So I choose events but then how can I get just one of the event categories to display?

And even if I get that to only display one type of event when you click on an excerpt it takes you to the full page event and reverts to the sidebar for the events section. So I seem to be in a convoluted circle where everything is interconnected (meaning Headway and ECP). If there was only one category of events it would be simple. I already understand how to make a custom sidebar on the excerpt/summary page and on the single event page. What I do not see how to do or WHERE to do (is it a HT or ECP thing?)…. is how I can manage this uniquely by category.

I hope this makes some sense. I will also post it at Headway Themes.

Thanks, Sheila

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Sheila,

This is going to be a Headway thing because headway is ultimately managing your templates and sidebars. ECP uses taxonomies for categories so you’ll have to somehow check to see if a given post is assigned to a taxonomy term. has_term() is a good function to use for that check: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/has_term

I hope that helps!

Sheila
    Participant

I was afraid of that. Thanks Jonah.

Rob

Sorry Sheila 🙁 I hope Jonah’s suggestion is of some value and my apologies that we couldn’t offer more beyond that.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying by category in Headway Theme’ is closed to new replies.