Displaying an in-page calendar for a single Event Category

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Displaying an in-page calendar for a single Event Category

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    robhadfield
    Participant

As the title says…

In my theme I want to display a calendar just displaying a single category of events. I can do this from a widget but need it within a page.

How can I do this? I didn’t know the plugin didn’t have shortcodes when I bought it. I was expecting to be able to do_shortcode(‘[event_calendar cat_id=’cat1′ display=’calendar’]’); but I can’t 🙁

Help!

Barry

Hi!

One way is simply to link from your navigation menu directly to a given category page, something like this (to take an example from our demo site):

http://wpshindig.com/events/category/wordpress-meetups/

I didn’t know the plugin didn’t have shortcodes when I bought it. I was expecting to be able to do_shortcode(‘[event_calendar cat_id=’cat1′ display=’calendar’]‘); but I can’t :(

That’s right, there are currently no shortcodes to support this. However, if something like the above outlined approach isn’t going to work for you you could potentially check out this (unofficial) plugin which does let you do something like this:

[event_embed category="slug"]

Would either of those approaches work for you?

robhadfield
    Participant

Great, thanks Barry. I was working on some shortcodes last night but the plugin is exactly what I need.

Seems like an obvious thing to include… I assume TRIBE will be making you a sensible offer for you contribution 😉

Thanks again
    Rob

robhadfield
    Participant

Oh wait – you are part of the team? What’s with the separation of this as a plugin?…

Barry

Yes, I’m part of the team – but Event Rocket is “extra-curricular”, if you like, and really just a personal project – so it’s not something that I or other team members can really support here on the official forums but hopefully it will be helpful to you and others even so 🙂

In any case, I’m glad that works for you and will go ahead and close this thread. Naturally if you need help with any other issues please do feel free to create new threads as needed and one of the team will be happy to help.

Last but not least, if you have a moment and wished to leave a plugin review that would definitely be appreciated – thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying an in-page calendar for a single Event Category’ is closed to new replies.